The purpose of your first visit in our office is to make sure that you receive the treatment that you need. This is accomplished through the following steps:
- Learn about your health history. This is accomplished through filling out the Health History Forms. You can download the forms: Health History and Family History Questionaire.
- Learn about your current problem. We will sit down and discuss your condition and how it affects you.
- Examine your spine. Once we know what is bothering you, we can use the exam to determine what is causing the problem and document how the pain limits you with range of motion and orthopedic tests.
- X-ray your spine. If your condition meets certain parameters, and an x-ray will be beneficial, we will take them here using appropriate safety measures to keep exposure to a minimum.
From here, one of three things will happen.
- If you are not a good candidate for chiropractic treatment or if the exam reveals something that you need addressed by a different physician, an appropriate referral will be made.
- If you are a good candidate for chiropractic treatment and x-rays were not necessary, you will be treated with appropriate treatment including adjustment and therapies.
- If you are a good candidate for chiropractic treatment and x-rays were necessary, you will be treated with therapies, if necessary, to begin addressing your pain. An adjustment will be given after the x-rays are reviewed.
What happens after the first visit?
Early in the treatment process we will develop and discuss a treatment plan to address your issues and help you become healthy again.